Business & Management Diploma Level 4 & 5 Combined) 120 Credit
(Diploma Level 4 & 5 Combined)
Level 4 & 5 Diploma in Business and Management 2018 is a 120 Credit qualification and has been designed for students who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in junior management. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable learners to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees.
Diploma In Business & Management is has total 4 module each level of 4 & 5 and 15 credit for each module, total qualification credit is 120
- Business environment
- People in organisation
- Communication skills for business
- Customer relationship management
- Business organisations in a global context
- People Management
- Business law
- Marketing principles and practice
Note: Students should complete first 4 Modules to get level 4 Diploma in Business and Management and further 4modules to get 5 Diploma in Business and Management.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
- Other related level 3 subjects such as ATHE level 3 Diplomas
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
- For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification • IELTs 5.5 or Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 or equivalent qualification
Note: Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Learners may also hold RQF qualifications which will enable them to claim an exemption from part of the qualification.
Blended Learning (for students who are in the UK)
Online learning (International students who are abroad)
Full time: If you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 6 months duration.
Part time: if you are studying part time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 2 years from the date of enrolment.
Fast track full time: if you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete this level in 3 months.
Online: if you are studying online and studying at your own pace you can complete in 3 years’ time.
- There are no written Exams, only written assignment it must be submitted after completing each module.
- Overall Grading Type: Pass / Merit / Distinction
- 8 Module – 15 credit each, 120 credit overall
After successfully passing all core units assessment, you will receive a certificate or extended Diploma from the awarding body ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education.)
On successful completion of a Level 4& 5 qualification in Business and Management there are a number of progression opportunities. Students may progress to:
- Employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role.
- ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 6 qualification route on successful completion of the required units at level 5.
- Final year of degree programmes at some universities
The Business Environment
This unit will develop learners’ understanding of the national and global business environment and the internal and external circumstances in which different organisations operate.
People in Organisations
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of those aspects of organisations that concern and support people. This includes communication practices, teamwork, remote working and other organisational structures. Using this knowledge and understanding, learners will be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people.
Communication Skills for Business
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the communication practices within organisations and learners are introduced to the different modes and channels of communication used in organisations. In addition, learners will be able to develop their communication skills. Learners will also apply their own communication skills to typical organisational requirements
Customer Relationship Management
Learners will be able to develop knowledge and understanding of the scope and importance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and to explore how effective CRM is achieved.
Business Organisations in a Global Context
This unit develops learners understanding of the issues organisations face operating within a global context. This understanding will allow learners to review the issues currently impacting on business organisations.
This unit will enable learners to understand how to manage individuals and teams. They will study organisational factors and how these impact on and influence individual and team behaviour, as well as learning management tools and techniques to help them effectively manage individuals and teams.
Marketing Principles and Practice
To develop knowledge and understanding of general marketing principles and their application in business.
Aims to enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding of some of the main aspects of business law which impact on organisations.