Back to course Download Brochure University Top up List of Universities
Business & Management (Diploma Level 5) 60 Credit
The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management 2018 is a 60 Credit qualification and has been designed for students who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in junior management. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable learners to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees.
Diploma In Business & Management is has 4 module and 15 credit for each module total qualification credit is 60
- Business organisations in a global context
- People Management
- Business law
- Marketing principles and practice
- Prior study in business, management or related subjects at level 4 or above.
- Level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Management or an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management.
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
- For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification or IELTs 5.5 or Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 or equivalent qualification.
Note: Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Learners may also hold RQF qualifications which will enable them to claim an exemption from part of the qualification.
Mode of Study
Blended Learning (for students who are in the UK)
Online learning (International students who are abroad)
Full time: If you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 6 months duration.
Part time: if you are studying part time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 2 years from the date of enrolment.
Fast track full time: if you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete this level in 3 months.
Online: if you are studying online and studying at your own pace you can complete in 3 years’ time.
Exam and Assessment
- There are no written Exams, only written assignment it must be submitted after completing each module.
- Overall Grading Type: Pass / Merit / Distinction
- 4 modules – 15 credits each, 60 credit overall
After successfully passing all core units assessment, you will receive a certificate or extended Diploma from the awarding body ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education.)
On successful completion of a Level 4 qualification in Business and Management there are a number of progression opportunities. Student may progress to:
- Employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role.
- ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 6 qualification route on successful completion of the required units at level 5.
- Final year of degree programmes at some universities
Modules contents overview
Business Organisations in a Global Context
This unit develops learners understanding of the issues organisations face operating within a global context. This understanding will allow learners to review the issues currently impacting on business organisations.
This unit will enable learners to understand how to manage individuals and teams. They will study organisational factors and how these impact on and influence individual and team behaviour, as well as learning management tools and techniques to help them effectively manage individuals and teams.
Marketing Principles and Practice
To develop knowledge and understanding of general marketing principles and their application in business.
Aims to enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding of some of the main aspects of business law which impact on organisations.