Back to course Download Brochure University Top up List of Universities
Business & Management (1st year of University – Extended Diploma Level 4) 120 Credit
(1st year of University – Extended Diploma Level 4)
The ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management 2018 is a 120 Credit qualification and has been designed for students who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in junior management. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable learners to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees.
The Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management has 8 modules and 8 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
- Marketing mix
- The business environment
- Communication skills for business
- Corporate social responsibility
- Customer relationship management
- Financial techniques for managers
- People in organisation
- Resources management
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- Other related level 3 subjects such as ATHE level 3 Diplomas
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
- For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification • IELTs 5.5 or Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 or equivalent qualification
Note: Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Learners may also hold RQF qualifications which will enable them to claim an exemption from part of the qualification.
Mode of Study
Blended Learning (for students who are in the UK)
Online learning (International students who are abroad)
Full time: If you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 6 months duration.
Part time: if you are studying part time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 2 years from the date of enrolment.
Fast track full time: if you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete this level in 3 months.
Online: if you are studying online and studying at your own pace you can complete in 3 years’ time.
Exam and Assessment
- There are no written Exams, only written assignment it must be submitted after completing each module.
- Overall Grading Type: Pass / Merit / Distinction
- 120 credit overall
After successfully passing all core units assessment, you will receive a certificate or extended Diploma from the awarding body ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education.)
On successful completion of a Level 4 qualification in Business and Management there are a number of progression opportunities. Student may progress to:
- Employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role.
- Level 5 ATHE qualification such as the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or the ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 5 (Gen Ed) route on successful completion of the required units at level 4 (see page 13). Completion of the Mandatory units listed, will ensure learners have acquired the first level of study for meeting the General Education (Gen Ed) Core requirements.
- Enter into the second year of a degree programmes in any university.
Modules contents overview
The Business Environment
This unit will develop learners’ understanding of the national and global business environment and the internal and external circumstances in which different organisations operate.
People in Organisations
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of those aspects of organisations that concern and support people. This includes communication practices, teamwork, remote working and other organisational structures. Using this knowledge and understanding, learners will be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people.
Financial and Management Accounting Techniques for Managers
To develop knowledge and understanding of fundamental financial and management accounting techniques used by managers in organisations and to enable learners to apply these techniques.
Communication Skills for Business
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the communication practices within organisations and learners are introduced to the different modes and channels of communication used in organisations. In addition, learners will be able to develop their communication skills. Learners will also apply their own communication skills to typical organisational requirements
The aim of this unit is to provide an overview of the human and physical resources needed in a range of organisations, including those in the primary, service and manufacturing sectors. The unit develops an understanding of the impact of efficiency on organisations. Learners will use this knowledge and understanding to review the effective use of resources within an organisation.
The Marketing Mix
To develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketing mix and the roles of the seven aspects of the marketing mix to businesses.
Corporate Social Responsibility
To develop an understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) issues and impacts of CSR policy. Learners will be able to use their knowledge and understanding to make recommendations for responsible business practice.
Customer Relationship Management
Learners will be able to develop knowledge and understanding of the scope and importance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and to explore how effective CRM is achieved.