Back to course Download Brochure University Top up List of Universities
Introduction to Management (Level 3 Diploma 60 Credits)
This Introduction to Management Level 3 University Foundation Programme is a 60 credit qualification (Equivalent to one A Level). It is aimed at students looking at gaining university entry or management experience to gain a promotion or widen their job prospects. It is particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move to the next level of management. It will also provide an entry level qualification for those who have studied Business related subjects at Level 2 or 3 and who wish to gain skills and competencies for employment in a management setting.
The diploma is designed to provide aspiring and existing junior managers with a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on key management areas specific to the workplace. Leadership and management training is essential for business growth, particularly in high-tech, high-paced business environments that need to respond to a rapidly changing environment. The essential attributes of being able to communicate, inspire and lead are often lacking, which are seen crucial to achieving organisational success.
- An introduction to finance
- An introduction to leadership skills
- Managing business operations
- Organisational culture
- Working in teams
- Workplace welfare
- Age 19+
- Student will be expected to possess qualifications at Level 2.
- Students may also have a level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in management’
- Students with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered.
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 5 (or equivalent) is required.
Mode of Study
Blended Learning (for students who are in the UK)
Online learning (International students who are abroad)
Full time: If you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 6 months duration.
Part time: if you are studying part time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 2 years from the date of enrolment.
Fast track full time: if you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete this level in 3 months.
Online: if you are studying online and studying at your own pace you can complete in 3 years’ time.
Exam and Assessment
After successfully passing all core units assessment, you will receive a certificate or Diploma from Qualifi (AO).
- On completion of this course students will have the opportunity to apply for admission onto a full BA Degree programme from a range of UK universities.
- Alternatively, students can opt to study our Level 4/5 Extended Diploma in Management and then go on to complete a BA Top Up at a range of UK universities.
- Enter into an employment.
Modules contents overview
An introduction to finance:
This unit introduces learners to practical accounting and financial reporting techniques used by managers in business organisations.
An introduction to leadership skills:
The aim of this unit is to provide the learner with an introduction to leadership skills, and how they can be identified and developed, and to show the importance of providing motivation for others.
Managing business operations:
The aim of this unit is to introduce learners to key aspects of all businesses and how they operate within the wider business environment, as well as internally. Operational control and the provision of best practice and sound policy will be shown to facilitate organisational excellence.
To understand aspects of an organisation’s culture and their effects on its activities and its management, as well as the significance of an ethical business approach.
Working in teams:
To understand the role played by teams within organisations and how the human elements interact. The unit also examines the value of team and group working, and how these are formed and work together.
To understand that workforce welfare ensures that everybody employed within the organisation is valued and that there are benefits to be gained from being part of the organisation.
At a glance
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the latest Qualifications catalogue
- 1200 learning hours, usually studied up to an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.